Friday, August 16, 2013

Glorified

Many prayers have went up on behalf of Josiah over the past several months.  Many times, I haven't even known what to pray for.  But, my prayers have become more clear lately.  You see my son has Down Syndrome and there is nothing that I can do to change that.  My son has a hole in his heart that needs to be surgically repaired, and there is nothing that I can do to change that.  There may be any number of things that my son has to deal with as grows older, and there is nothing that I can do to change that.  And sadly, there will be a time when I have to say goodbye to Josiah here on this earth, and there is nothing that I can do to change that.
But, I can do something.  I can dedicate this precious life to God Almighty.  I can pray every day that God is glorified through the life of my son.  I can pray that those who may not know God, can come to know Him because of Josiah.  I can entrust my boy completely to God's care.  And that is what I choose to do.
Many will not understand this.  Pray for miracles, they'll say.  Pray for healing, they'll say.  And I will. I'll pray fervently for those things.  But, that will not be my only prayer.  That will not be my first prayer.  I'm learning that there are things that are more important than chromosomes, than healthy hearts, than physical well-being.  And though this prayer is harder to pray, I will pray throughout his life, in highs and lows, good health and bad, scary times and amazingly happy times that God is glorified.  And if the best case scenarios play out I will be strengthened because God is being made known through my son.  And if the worst case scenarios play out I will be strengthened because God is being made known through my son.
So, please, please continue to pray for my son.  But do not be afraid to alter your prayers a bit.  Do not be discouraged to pray that God is glorified first, and Josiah is protected second.  Do not be upset if the God is glorified but Josiah has more complications.  Do not give up on my God.  Never stop praying.

Father, I dedicate my children to you.  I will teach them your ways.  I will teach them your love.  I relinquish control of their precious lives to you.  I am honored to have been entrusted with their care, and in turn will strive every day to return them to you.  My prayer to you is that you will receive the glory due you because of their lives.  And if that means that they are kept from harm, I will praise you.  And if that means that there lives become complicated messes, I will praise you.  God, take care of them.  Hold them in your arms and protect them in the ways that only you can.  And give me strength to teach, love, and protect them here in this place.  Please bring us home to that glorious place with no abnormalities, no disease, no worries, as soon as possible.  I love you Father and this daddy's desire is that his children will too.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment