Friday, October 14, 2016

Am I?

Someone asked me the other day if I was done writing.  I had to think about that.  When I first started writing this blog it was therapeutic.  I was in a desperately dark and lonely place.  This blog was a place that I could escape the darkness and find light by shedding my most emotional responses to life; responses that I just couldn't share out-loud.
Now here I am 3+ years later, not out of the darkness completely, but not consumed by it either.  I've been trying to find a way to collect my thoughts in a coherent enough way to get them published; to maybe become a light for other dads that are struggling to escape the black pit of darkness that surrounds a man when he feels completely helpless, completely useless to his family.  
No, I'm not in the light yet, but I can see it.  There are days when I think I'm filled with it.  It burns brighter than it has in years. That's something.  My little sister recently started blogging and I think her words and knowing her story has helped me to focus a little bit more on the light.  We have that kind of relationship. We know each other really well, and we feel, we emote in a very similar way.  Her writing, her bravery, her passion has inspired me.  So, am I done writing?  No, I don't believe I am.  I believe I'm just getting started.  I have a lot to "say".  Maybe some of it will be enlightened.  

No comments:

Post a Comment